Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I love long weekends! With an extra day I can get all the chores and errands done and still have time to fit in a little fun! The weekend actually began with some bachelor and bachelorette party activities. Paul and the boys headed out to a offroading park in east Texas with their Jeeps while the girls had a spa/pool party. Since I had Rylan, I only made it to the facial portion of the party...but we had a great time! I had my first facial and it exceeded my expectations (meaning it actually worked)! It helped lighten my rosacea and reduce the redness of my post-pregnancy acne. It was great to spend time with the girls and get to know them a little better...as we only see each other every couple of months. One of the pitfalls of all of us living in outlying suburbs (so we could afford bigger houses)!





On Memorial Day we had our families over to enjoy some time by the pool and some burgers on the grill. It was Rylan's first time in the pool and his cute swimsuit! Since he doesn't like baths, I had a feeling he wouldn't like to pool. He tolerated having his feet stuck in the water, but gave me a big 'ole pout when I stuck him under the fountain. I can't wait until he is old enough to enjoy the kiddy pool! Although I am not a fan of Texas heat, nothing beats a sunny early summer night in Texas. I wish every weekend lasted 3 days.




P.S. Thanks to all the men and women who fight for our safety and freedom.



P.S.S. I tried to load a really cute video of Rylan on the blog but it is too big. It is posted on my facebook page. Go watch it! :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ha..love the swimsuit pics. So cute!