Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

After much debate about what to do with an 8 week old on Easter weekend, we decided to head up to the Gaylord Texan to take some pictures in the bluebonnets. Although Rylan still can't sit up on his own, there were some areas in the wildflowers that would have been perfect to prop him up in, had it not been for the bees! So, Mom and Dad held him while taking pictures instead. Nana and Popy came along for moral support and to get some quality Rylan, I mean family, time. :)



On Easter Sunday, we went to church and lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. It was great to see everyone at Rejoice, especially since I missed the baby shower they threw for me due to being hospitalized against my will. Luckily, I had a stand in...Paul. :) If only I had been there when he opened up the nursing pads...HAHA! After lunch we went back to Tom and Maggie's house to pick up Rylan's first Easter basket and some yummy cookies for Mom and Dad and then made the incredibly long 1 mile drive over to Nana and Popy's house. At the Sumrall's Rylan got his second Easter basket and Mom and Dad got to do their own Easter Egg Hunt complete with dinner for two in the "golden egg!" Nana also read Rylan the story of Easter, which sounded much better than the one I told him over his morning diaper change. Thanks Mom(s) and Dad(s)/Grandma and Grandpa/Nana and Popy!





Rylan will be 8 weeks old tomorrow, and with that comes his second month shots this week. Mom is definitely not looking forward to that! On top of that, I went back to the doctor (again) and found out I have swollen glands and an infection in my throat. The pain is shooting from my neck up into my teeth, jaw, and behind my ear. It's awful! I decided that the reason I got sick was because I stopped taking my prenatals, since I did not get sick one time during my whole pregnancy. For many of you, this week will also be tax time...but not for us! I did our taxes back in January knowing that I might not have time to do them in April. Genius, I know. Now if only I had packed a hospital bag before my 35 week appt...

2 comments:

buscher3 said...

Good grief, girl...get yourself well! And the mama hen comes out in me by saying, "you get back on those prenatal vitamins if you're nursing, young woman!". Ok, the hen is gone again. :-)

Amanda and Paul said...

I know, right? It seems like I haven't been 100% in, I don't know, about a year! I am not nursing because of the blood pressure medication I am on, unfortunately. However, after this episode I will defintely be back on them!