Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Seasons of Love

I chose the title of this post for two reasons. For those of you choir and theater participants, you may recognize the title as a song from the hit Broadway musical Rent. I am so excited to see this show in May! My parents bought us tickets for Christmas and it could quite possibly be our first date since Rylan's birth! This will be my 8th "professional" Broadway show to see...now if only I can be in one!

The second reason I chose to title this post "Seasons of Love" is to pay tribute to our lovely, extremely unreliable Texas weather. There is a reason we have the saying around these parts..."If you don't like the Texas weather, wait 5 minutes." Only in Texas can it be in the 30's with snow flurries and 91 degrees in the same week. OK, maybe 2 weeks, but its still ridiculous. The cold weather put us in a predicament, as we really have very few warm clothes for Rylan. Honestly, in April I didn't think we would need any. So, on my 7,657th trip to Babies R Us I picked up a little track suit on the clearance rack.






Pretty cute, huh? He's my little eskimo! With the cute little hoodie, I couldn't resist. At least children's clothes are cheaper, so I don't feel as bad about the occasional impulse buy. He's finally growing into his clothes, and the newborn stuff is starting to get a little snug! Now if I could just get him to stop peeing and puking on them :). That is precisely why I shop the clearance rack; no sense in paying $40 for an outfit that will be puke-stained and outgrown in 3 weeks!

I apologize for all the bodily functions talk, but that has been the focus of my life as of late. And I'm here to tell it like it is. And its good.

No comments: