Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

First Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of those holidays that doesn't change much from year to year. You take your mom out to eat, buy her a present, write her a note in your Hallmark card and tell her you love her. Well, this Mother's Day had all of that...but this time it was for me! At this stage of your life you don't get to experience many firsts anymore, but the last few months has been full of them and yesterday was no exception.


It was so wonderful to spend the day with my husband and son and celebrate our new family. Paul and Rylan got me beautiful flowers, cute cards, and a "post-natal" massage (that I've been begging for since the birth)! After spending the morning hanging out together, we had a lovely Italian dinner and then went to see our moms. We also got some great pictures of Rylan, our big 12 week old boy!





Saturday was also a great day! It was our first real date since Rylan was born. As I mentioned in a previous post, my parents bought us Rent tickets for Christmas, as well as dinner and a night of free babysitting! So...we got dressed up for the first time in a long while and went out for a night on the town. We had an awesome dinner at Pappadeaux, which is our favorite restaurant. It was ironic that they stuck us next to a table with 5 kids (3 of them babies)...so much for a quiet dinner! It was ok though...it made us laugh, because we understand completely! After dinner we headed to Fair Park to see Rent! The music was excellent, and the cast was a well-crafted ensemble. Paul and I didn't realize that the show had such a cultish following (partially for obvious reasons)! The two male leads were the original Broadway actors from the premier, which added a special touch to the performance. Everytime we go to events like this, a small part of me is sad that I didn't persue a singing career. But, I wouldn't trade my family for the world.

Well, it's getting late, so I'll leave you with a picture to brighten your day...


1 comment:

buscher3 said...

So sweet...glad you had a good mother's day.