Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Smilin' Rylan

If you couldn't guess based on the title, this post is all about Rylan's first smiles! It all started last week while Paul was at a rehearsal. I was in the office singing to him and playing with his hands and feet and all of a sudden he had a huge open mouth smile on his face. He did it a couple of times in a row so I was sure it wasn't just gas! Then this weekend, when Paul woke him up for his bottle, he did it again! I figured out that the best chance of getting one is right when he is woken up by Paul or I (vs. letting him wake up himself and start crying). Just talk in a high pitched voice and make over the top smiles yourself, and voila! You make me smile!











I've been trying all week to get pictures and that was the best I've gotten so far (thanks to Aunt Brittany). I'll post more as soon as I can capture them! For those of you keeping track, Rylan will be 11 weeks old tomorrow! Can you believe it?? I can't. Now that we are out and about more often, we seem to notice other children alot more. We also notice how much bigger they look than our child! Our friends' kids (almost 2 years old) seem like they are 3 1/2 feet tall! I can't fathom Rylan being that size any time soon, but I know it will happen. He has already grown and changed leaps and bounds since his birth.



Not much else is happening in our world right now. Work is pretty busy for both of us, and this summer will be crazy as well. Weddings and birthdays and babies, oh my! Gotta run...Rylan is awake, and is most definetely NOT smiling. :)

2 comments:

Emily T said...

So CUTE!!! He is getting so big. It's amazing how much the change the first year.

buscher3 said...

Yep, the second to last photo is definitely a smile! Melts your heart, doesn't it?? Just wait till he laughs for the first time!!!