Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He's Here!

First and foremost, I have to apoligize for the 5 month lapse in blogging. I fully intended to blog often from the start, but things got crazier as the pregnancy progressed and I never quite got the hang of it. I promise to make a better effort this go around. Of course, now I have a baby to take care of too :).

Paul and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our son, Rylan Connor Lund, born on February 16, 2009. He we born via c-section at 5:52pm, weighing 7 lb. 11 oz and measuring 19 3/4 inches. After a scary week in the hospital with pre-eclampsia, Rylan was born without complications but still spent a week in the NICU due to his prematurity. I am happy to report that we are all home and doing well. I am still healing from post-cesaerian complications but am finally off all the medications. We are all adjusting to life with a newborn and enjoying each moment with our new son (well, some moments more than others...I enjoy the moments from 9:00am-11:00pm better). Just kidding...:)

I plan to write a more detailed account of Rylan's birth story but cannot find the energy to do it today. Since we were in the hospital two weeks, it will be a pretty long post. So, I figured I would ease back into the blogging scene instead of writing a novel for my first post-pregnancy post.

Now I must go figure out how to post pictures and video on here. Until then, if you want to see pics of Rylan, you'll have to be my friend on facebook...or ask nicely. :) Ciao!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world! Thought we'd lost you for good. Glad to hear you guys are doing well. So if you haven't read this already, you might want to check into reading On Becoming Babywise. AMAZINGLY helpful, especially in the first couple of months.

So for the posting pics and videos, when you're typing your new post, look at your little toolbar at the top of the edit post page. There are two buttons on the right hand side of the toolbar, one looks like a far off mountain and the other a movie reel. Those are the add pics and add videos. The rest is pretty self explanitory. You can do 5 pics at a time but only one video.