Our Little Boy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Milestones

The past few weeks have been quite busy for us. Other than the numerous doctors appointments, errands, ER visits and mid-night feedings, there has also been some moments worth celebrating. First and foremost, Rylan is already 1 month and 2 weeks old! For being a preemie, he is doing pretty well. He has recently developed "reflex," so the pediatrician has put him on medication which seems to help some. He is gaining weight, albeit slower than Dr. K would like. He is a tall little boy; at his 1 month appointent he had already grown almost 3 inches! He goes back tomorrow for another weight check. He was 8 lb. 4 oz. his last weigh in. Despite the slow weight gain, he is a strong little boy. He can already hold up his head for several seconds and would probably be crawling already if his neck permitted! Below are some pictures that were taken around the 1 month mark (kudos to Alicia for the awesome shots!)...





This month also marked the celebration of my mom's 50th birthday! My dad hosted a surprise birthday for her, complete with both daughters, son-in-law and her new grandson in attendance. After all the help she has been to us since I was put in the hospital, it was nice to see others celebrate her. The party was complete with friends, a beautiful cake, and a chocolate fountain (good idea Dad)!



As for me, well...I am still "on the mend" but am feeling alot better. My incision is alot better...not perfect, but getting there! My BP is starting to slightly rise again, so it looks like I'll have to go back on meds for the time being. Apparently this is common for those of us moms who suffered from pre-eclampsia. I am ready to feel like myself again...complete with unrestricted activity! Hopefully all will go well with the doctor tomorrow. Speaking of my OBGYN, I just want to say what a wonderful experience I had with Dr. Flowers. She is an amazing woman and doctor, and I look foward to future pregnancies with her. That's right...I said future pregnancies...this whole experience temporarly squashed my will to be pregnant again, but it is obviously wearing off. Don't expect me to drop a bombshell anytime soon, though. :)
So that's been our life as of late. Nothing too exciting, minus the whole birthing a baby thing! We are enjoying our time at home with Rylan. We're still working on the whole "routine" thing. Other than wanting to eat every 3-4 hours, he isn't quite on a schedule yet. As for Paul and I, we're still trying to keep the house clean for 5 seconds (which has yet to occur since Rylan was born) and get everything caught up from life before I got put in the hospital. There are still lots of projects to be done (finish Rylan's room, birth announcements, gardening, etc.), but those will have to wait until Rylan sleeps through the night. Of course, once that happens, all my spare time will be spent sleeping too. :)

2 comments:

buscher3 said...

He's too precious! I'm trying to decide who he looks more like. Definitely has your smile in his little baby "smile". But I see features of both of you. So good to hear your doing better! I can't believe he's already over a month. I'm sure you've heard this enough, but enjoy it while it lasts...it goes all too quickly!

Emilio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.